Monday, July 21, 2008

Labyrinth
























Today's picture, which I have titled "Labyrinth", is symbolic of what I am feeling right now. As Plato has so eloquently summed up in Euthydemus:

At last we came to the kingly art, and inquired whether that gave and caused happiness, and then we got into a labyrinth, and when we thought we were at the end, we came out again at the beginning, having still to seek as much as ever.


[Photo taken on July 19, 2008; XuanWu District, Beijing, China]

1 comment:

  1. I really like the lighting in this picture. The light green tint that sort of creeps up on the side really gives it a unique feel. I think this one is my favorite of your set so far.

    It's really easy to forget how different much of the world looks to what you see every day here in the US.

    ReplyDelete