Monday, September 22, 2008

The DaVinci Collection









The portrait of Christ, Leonardo DaVinci's self-portrait, and two other random DaVinci sketches make up my first sketch collection entitled "The DaVinci Collection" - all of which are my own imitations of DaVinci's portraits.

These were my first few attempts to study and familiarize myself with the human face in various positions and expressions. Since all of these drawings relied heavily on full imitation, my goal in the near future would be to break free from this technique and truly develop a more original sketching technique.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I still have some of your old sketches you sent me over AIM a year or so ago. You improvement is really spectacular!

    I particularly like the monochromatic nature of the sketches; it really suits the style well.

    ReplyDelete